Full course description
Synchronous Meeting Dates
- March 1, 2021: Orientation (1PM-1:30 PM EST)
- March 4, 2021: Introduction to SMS (1PM – 2PM EST)
- March 11, 2021: The Value of SMS and Challenges for Deployment: A Business Perspective (1PM – 2PM EST)
Course Learning Goals
- Describe trends and challenges relative to SMS as part of Digital Transformation initiatives of businesses (relevant examples from the automotive industry will be presented).
- Recognize the value and influence of the three basic pillars to Digital Transformation, namely Organization, Process, and Technology.
- Realize the urgency of SMS adoption to remain or become a viable market leader.
- Appreciate the fundamental benefits and challenges associated with adopting Systems Modeling and Simulation best practices and journey forward.
- Link the course material to your own organization’s Digital Transformation vision.
About This Course
Develop your understanding of Systems Modeling and Simulation over 2 weeks in this 9-hour online course exclusively tailored for executives. A blend of asynchronous delivery with weekly live discussion sessions provides executives the needed flexibility paired with valuable discussion with instructors and fellow learners. Weekly time commitment to review the material asychronously is approximately 3-4 hours, and one synchronous meeting is scheduled for each week of the course.
This course is a prerequisite for additional courses in this series:
For more information, please go to https://simcenter.osu.edu/systems-modeling-simulation-education-program-overview.