Full course description
Synchronous Meeting Dates
- April 5, 2021 Orientation (3:00 PM - 3:30 PM EST)
- April 8, 2021 MBSE: Explaining MBSE Without Using the (3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST)
- April 15, 2021 MBSE: Deployment Challenges (3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST)
Course Learning Goals:
- Explain model-based-x () principles and applicability.
- Recognize the challenges they may face within their organization in implementing and deploying MBSE.
- Define commonly used MBSE terms with clear definitions.
- Effectively apply this common language within their organization thereby reducing the confusion within and across departments and divisions.
About This Course
Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) is a critical component of any Digital Transformation journey. Continue developing your understanding of Systems Modeling and Simulation with a foundational introduction of MBSE concepts over 2 weeks in this 9-hour online course exclusively tailored for managers. A blend of asynchronous delivery with weekly live discussion sessions provides managers the needed flexibility paired with valuable discussion with instructors and fellow learners. Weekly time commitment to review the material asynchronously is approximately 3-4 hours, and one synchronous meeting is scheduled for each week of the course.
This course is a prerequisite for an additional course in this series:
- SMS Enhanced for Managers (The Digital Twin: It’s Role within a Business Environment)
For more information, please go to https://simcenter.osu.edu/systems-modeling-simulation-education-program-overview.