Full course description
Synchronous Meeting Dates
- April 12, 2021: Orientation (1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EST)
- April 15, 2021 Introduction to SMS (1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST)
- April 22, 2021 The Value of SMS /Challenges & Essentials for Deployment (1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST)
- April 29, 2021 The Architecture of SMS (1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST)
Course Learning Goals
- Describe trends and challenges relative to SMS as part of Digital Transformation initiatives of businesses. Relevant examples from the automotive industry will be presented.
- Recognize the value and influence of the three basic pillars to Digital Transformation, namely Organization, Process, and Technology.
- Realize the urgency of SMS adoption to remain or become a viable market leader.
- Appreciate the fundamental benefits and challenges associated with adopting Systems Modeling and Simulation best practices and journey forward.
- Develop a framework to accelerate future topic exploration with regards to SMS within your organization.
- Link the course material to your own organization’s Digital Transformation vision.
About This Course
Develop your understanding of Systems Modeling and Simulation over 3 weeks in this 15-hour online course exclusively tailored for Practitioners. A blend of asynchronous delivery with weekly live discussion sessions provides Practitioners the needed flexibility paired with valuable discussion with instructors and fellow learners. Weekly time commitment to review the material asynchronously is approximately 3-4 hours, and one synchronous meeting is scheduled for each week of the course.
This course is a prerequisite for additional courses in this series:
For more information, please go to https://simcenter.osu.edu/systems-modeling-simulation-education-program-overview.